Nov 1, 2017
Chad Wesley Smith is the owner/founder
of Juggernaut Training Systems and one of the most accomplished
strength athletes of recent years. With a background in track and
field, Smith took his 2 collegiate national championships and
continued his success in powerlifting and strongman.
1. Specificity — Training designed to achieve a particular outcome
2. Overload — Is training stimulating enough to drive neural adaptation? Training must become harder overtime through more volume and more weight.
3. Fatigue management — Your recovery process: Besides deload days and proper nutrition and sleep, should include adaptive recovery strategies like ice baths, massages, etc.
4. SRA (Stimulus Recovery Adaptation) — Your training process: Frequency and duration of training and recovery.
5. Variation — Avoid staleness by shifting phases. Keep in mind variation should always be in context with Specificity (principle #1).
6. Phase potentiation — Make the most of each training phase.
7. Individual differences — We're similar but not "the same"
-Mike, Doug and Team Barbell Shrugged
Subscribe to Barbell Shrugged's Channel Here- http://bit.ly/BarbellShruggedSubscribe
Listen to the audio version on the Apple Podcast App or Stitcher
for Android Here-
Barbell Shrugged helps people get better. Usually in the gym, but outside as well. In 2012 they posted their first podcast and have been putting out weekly free videos and podcasts ever since.
Along the way we've created successful online coaching programs including The Shrugged Strength Challenge, The Muscle Gain Challenge, FLIGHT, Barbell Shredded, and Barbell Bikini.
Find Barbell Shrugged here: